Since the 570S is considered an everyday driver McLaren, owners still find that there are plenty of amenities that make it performance-oriented. The carbon fiber monocoque is one of the many features that make the 570S a daily driver that can shred at the track. Although it is similar to its sibling GT4 race car, there is still a desire for elevated aesthetics with carbon fiber and aero.
Vivid Racing set out to accentuate the aggressive body of the 570S with the VR Aero carbon fiber Senna style hood. The gorgeous 2×2 (3K Twill Weave) not only captures the attention of on-lookers but adds to the performance aesthetic of the 570S. By matching the same manufacturing and weave methods as McLaren, each piece is pre-preg dry carbon fiber for ultimate durability and precision fitment. The dry carbon fiber also weighs next to nothing for those that are die-hard about weight savings.
The Senna is McLaren’s highest-tier vehicle, and for a good reason too. Reflecting the great success of Ayrton Senna, the car was designed around aerodynamics which is why many features seem unconventional, yet are highly functional. One thing that makes it so unique is the hood styling which we carry over to the 570S to give that true performance look while offering functional aero.
The pre-preg construction and UV-resistant epoxy eliminate the chances of the Senna hood getting yellow and hazy over time. Commonly seen in cheaper carbon fiber, a yellow haze can form after being exposed to UV rays. Have no fear, as the VR Aero Senna hood eliminates this possibility and will look stunning year after year.
- Products feature a gloss UV protective clearcoat
- 2×2 3K twill weave construction to match performance aesthetic
- Pre-preg dry carbon fiber contriving proves to be lightweight and durable
- Precision fitment thanks to 3D scanning and CAD engineering
- Easy and quick installation method
- OEM+ style manufacturing provides precision fitment and finish
- UV resistant resin and pre-preg forming prevent hazing
- No modification necessary for installation
What is Dry Carbon Fiber?
Dry carbon fiber is formed by using a pre-preg or impregnated piece of carbon materials. This piece of carbon is first placed into a mold, and then into a sealed vacuum to properly cure. This particular method creates the least amount of waste and forms a lighter version of carbon than the “wet” method. The vacuuming process of making dry carbon means that there are fewer pinholes and almost no air pockets that form in the carbon. Dry carbon is the highest quality version of carbon fiber products that are produced. However, it is 3 to 4 times more expensive to produce than its counterpart.
Advantages of Dry Carbon Fiber:
- 60% Lighter and Significantly stronger
- Superior manufacturing process
- Uses a dry finish for enhancing its cosmetic appearance