McLaren is one of the most popular supercar manufacturers in the world and for good reason. Their cars not only look good, but they outperform most of the competition. One of the best and most notable features of the 570s is the engine bay cover which covers a significant portion of the rear of the car. Unfortunately, the OEM engine cover is pretty boring, so an upgraded engine cover is a must-have modification for any 570s.
Vivid Racing set out to enhance these incredible features with the VR Aero carbon fiber rear engine cover. The gorgeous 2×2 (3K Twill Weave) not only captures the attention of anyone who glances at your 570s but also adds to the performance aesthetic of the 570s. By matching the same manufacturing and weave methods as McLaren, our dry carbon engine cover looks and feels extremely high-quality. The engine cover is constructed from pre-preg dry carbon fiber for ultimate durability and precision fitment.
Accentuating the factory body lines is a key factor to the VR Aero 570s Rear Engine Cover, which is what makes it so special. The aggressive styling of the 570S is highlighted by installing the VR Aero rear engine cover and meshes well with its features. Precise fitment from the 3D scanning and detailed CAD engineering will make the installation of the rear engine cover a breeze.
The pre-preg construction and UV-resistant epoxy eliminate the chances of the rear engine cover getting yellow and hazy over time. Commonly seen in cheaper carbon fiber, a yellow haze can form after being exposed to UV rays. Have no fear, as the VR Aero eliminates this possibility and will look stunning year after year.
- Products feature a gloss UV protective clearcoat
- 2×2 3K twill weave construction to match performance aesthetic
- Pre-preg dry carbon fiber contriving proves to be lightweight and durable
- Precision fitment thanks to 3D scanning and CAD engineering
- Easy and quick installation method
- OEM+ style manufacturing provides precision fitment and finish
- UV resistant resin and pre-preg forming prevent hazing
- No modification necessary for installation
What is Dry Carbon Fiber?
Dry carbon fiber is formed by using a pre-preg or impregnated piece of carbon materials. This piece of carbon is first placed into a mold, and then into a sealed vacuum to properly cure. This particular method creates the least amount of waste and forms a lighter version of carbon than the “wet” method. The vacuuming process of making dry carbon means that there are fewer pinholes and almost no air pockets that form in the carbon. Dry carbon is the highest quality version of carbon fiber products that are produced. However, it is 3 to 4 times more expensive to produce than its counterpart.
Advantages of Dry Carbon Fiber:
- 60% Lighter and Significantly stronger
- Superior manufacturing process
- Uses a dry finish for enhancing its cosmetic appearance