To many Mercedes-Benz owners, the G63 is a symbol of luxury. With incredible engineering and heritage in helping military efforts, the G-Wagon went from a stripped-down utility vehicle to a prestigious SUV that many of the elites in the world own. While the performance is present in the G63 model, the cosmetics seems to leave owners with more to desire.
The styling of the G63 seems fairly bland and could use a little spicing up in the aero department. VR Aero transforms the front-end of the G63 with the dry carbon fiber front lip. Installing the front lip gives the front end a menacing look which is otherwise boxy and considered boring in its factory form.
We construct each front lip with pre-preg, 3K twill weave, dry carbon fiber to offer incredible rigidity. The aggressive styling of the front lip pairs well with the body lines of the G63 and adds that extra flair to tie together the front end. Installation is simple thanks to the 3D scanning and CAD design which requires no modification.
The pre-preg dry carbon fiber uses the same manufacturing process as Mercedes-Benz to bring the highest quality aero to the market. Cheaper carbon fiber tends to turn yellow after being exposed to UV rays over the years. The VR Aero front lip features a unique resin that eliminates this possibility.
- 2×2 3K twill weave construction
- Pre-preg dry carbon fiber contriving proves to be lightweight and durable
- Precision fitment thanks to 3D scanning and CAD engineering
- Easy and quick installation method
- OEM+ style manufacturing provides precision fitment and finish
- UV resistant resin and pre-preg forming prevent hazing
- No modification necessary for installation
What is Dry Carbon Fiber?
Dry carbon fiber is formed by using a pre-preg or impregnated piece of carbon materials. This piece of carbon is first placed into a mold, and then into a sealed vacuum to properly cure. This particular method creates the least amount of waste and forms a lighter version of carbon than the “wet” method. The vacuuming process of making dry carbon means that there are fewer pinholes and almost no air pockets that form in the carbon. Dry carbon is the highest quality version of carbon fiber products that are produced. However, it is 3 to 4 times more expensive to produce than its counterpart.
Advantages of Dry Carbon Fiber:
- 60% Lighter and Significantly stronger
- Superior manufacturing process
- Uses a dry finish for enhancing its cosmetic appearance