The 570S is recognized by many as the daily commuter McLaren with the price tag starting at just under $200,000 brand new. While the base model is the cheapest McLaren you can purchase, they are far from the base model compared to your standard passenger car. McLaren incorporated many jaw-dropping characteristics while keeping the 570S an exciting daily driver.
Vivid Racing set out to enhance these incredible features with the VR Aero carbon fiber P1 style hood. The gorgeous 2×2 (3K Twill Weave) not only captures the attention of on-lookers but adds to the performance aesthetic of the 570S. By matching the same manufacturing and weave methods as McLaren, each piece is pre-preg dry carbon fiber for ultimate durability and precision fitment. The dry carbon fiber also weighs next to nothing for those that are die-hard about weight savings.
Maintaining the 570S aerodynamics are a key feature of the carbon fiber P1 hood. The curves of the hood help eliminate low-pressure zones across the front of the vehicle and prevent any front lift, which could result in a lessened steering feel. While McLaren engineers carefully designed the 570S for optimal aero, the VR Aero P1 hood will only exaggerate these features alongside making it look menacing and stylish.
The pre-preg construction and UV-resistant epoxy eliminate the chances of the P1 hood getting yellow and hazy over time. Commonly seen in cheaper carbon fiber, a yellow haze can form after being exposed to UV rays. Have no fear, as the VR Aero P1 hood eliminates this possibility and will look stunning year after year.
- Products feature a gloss UV protective clearcoat
- 2×2 3K twill weave construction to match performance aesthetic
- Pre-preg dry carbon fiber contriving proves to be lightweight and durable
- Precision fitment thanks to 3D scanning and CAD engineering
- Easy and quick installation method
- OEM+ style manufacturing provides precision fitment and finish
- UV resistant resin and pre-preg forming prevent hazing
- No modification necessary for installation
What is Dry Carbon Fiber?
Dry carbon fiber is formed by using a pre-preg or impregnated piece of carbon materials. This piece of carbon is first placed into a mold, and then into a sealed vacuum to properly cure. This particular method creates the least amount of waste and forms a lighter version of carbon than the “wet” method. The vacuuming process of making dry carbon means that there are fewer pinholes and almost no air pockets that form in the carbon. Dry carbon is the highest quality version of carbon fiber products that are produced. However, it is 3 to 4 times more expensive to produce than its counterpart.
Advantages of Dry Carbon Fiber:
- 60% Lighter and Significantly stronger
- Superior manufacturing process
- Uses a dry finish for enhancing its cosmetic appearance