The G-Wagon is considered a workhorse in the Mercedes-Benz luxury line-up. This is due to its military origins as it was engineered to have a rugged frame and versatility when it comes to terrain. These days, the G63 has been released as a luxury-performance SUV and ticks all the boxes.
Since the G63 is fairly boxy and seems to lack in the exterior styling department, VR Aero engineered the best rear wing for your G-Wagon! The aggressive design of the rear wing truly adds a new aesthetic to the G63. This rear wing gears the cosmetics more towards performance than what was displayed in its factory form.
We construct each front lip with pre-preg, 3K twill weave, dry carbon fiber to offer slight flexibility while maintaining rigidity. The aggressive styling of the rear wing pairs well with the body lines of the G63 and adds that extra flair to tie together the rear end. Installation is simple thanks to the 3D scanning and CAD design and requires no modification.
The pre-preg dry carbon fiber uses the same manufacturing process as Mercedes-Benz to bring the highest quality aero to the market. Cheaper carbon fiber tends to turn yellow after being exposed to UV rays over the years. The VR Aero rear wing features a unique resin that eliminates this possibility.
- 2×2 3K twill weave construction
- Pre-preg dry carbon fiber contriving proves to be lightweight and durable
- Precision fitment thanks to 3D scanning and CAD engineering
- Easy and quick installation method
- OEM+ style manufacturing provides precision fitment and finish
- UV resistant resin and pre-preg forming prevent hazing
- No modification necessary for installation
What is Dry Carbon Fiber?
Dry carbon fiber is formed by using a pre-preg or impregnated piece of carbon materials. This piece of carbon is first placed into a mold, and then into a sealed vacuum to properly cure. This particular method creates the least amount of waste and forms a lighter version of carbon than the “wet” method. The vacuuming process of making dry carbon means that there are fewer pinholes and almost no air pockets that form in the carbon. Dry carbon is the highest quality version of carbon fiber products that are produced. However, it is 3 to 4 times more expensive to produce than its counterpart.
Advantages of Dry Carbon Fiber:
- 60% Lighter and Significantly stronger
- Superior manufacturing process
- Uses a dry finish for enhancing its cosmetic appearance