Upon the release of the 570S, many enthusiasts were excited to see a daily driver focused car. While the 12C, 720S, and 600LT offer many of the same features, the 570S features a much lower price tag. Although there are many unique attributes of the 570S, many owners feel it is lacking in the aesthetics department.
Vivid Racing set out to enhance the incredible features of the 570S with the VR Aero carbon fiber side air intake. The gorgeous 2×2 (3K Twill Weave) not only captures the attention of on-lookers but adds to the performance aesthetic of the 570S. By matching the same manufacturing and weave methods as McLaren, each piece is pre-preg dry carbon fiber for ultimate durability and precision fitment. The dry carbon fiber also weighs next to nothing for those that are die-hard about weight savings.
Tying together the sides of the 570S, the VR Aero side air intakes offer elegance while accentuating the performance look. These side air intakes are easy and the precision fitment is a result of 3D scanning and CAD engineering. High-quality carbon fiber is hard to come by which is why we made it our top priority to deliver the best carbon fiber.
The pre-preg construction and UV-resistant epoxy eliminate the chances of the side air intake getting yellow and hazy over time. Commonly seen in cheaper carbon fiber, a yellow haze can form after being exposed to UV rays. Have no fear as the VR Aero side air intake eliminates this possibility and will look stunning year after year.
- Products feature a gloss UV protective clearcoat
- 2×2 3K twill weave construction to match performance aesthetic
- Pre-preg dry carbon fiber contriving proves to be lightweight and durable
- Precision fitment thanks to 3D scanning and CAD engineering
- Easy and quick installation method
- OEM+ style manufacturing provides precision fitment and finish
- UV resistant resin and pre-preg forming prevent hazing
- No modification necessary for installation
What is Dry Carbon Fiber?
Dry carbon fiber is formed by using a pre-preg or impregnated piece of carbon materials. This piece of carbon is first placed into a mold, and then into a sealed vacuum to properly cure. This particular method creates the least amount of waste and forms a lighter version of carbon than the “wet” method. The vacuuming process of making dry carbon means that there are fewer pinholes and almost no air pockets that form in the carbon. Dry carbon is the highest quality version of carbon fiber products that are produced. However, it is 3 to 4 times more expensive to produce than its counterpart.
Advantages of Dry Carbon Fiber:
- 60% Lighter and Significantly stronger
- Superior manufacturing process
- Uses a dry finish for enhancing its cosmetic appearance